God's Way

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I've traveled each and every churchway
And more, much more than this
I did it God's way
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption
God  planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it God's way
Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
God ate it up and spit it out 
We faced it all and God stood tall!
And I did it God's way
I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had God's grace, my share of sinning
And now, as tears subside
I find it all, all so amazing
To think We did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way
Oh no, no, not God
I did it God's way

For what is man, what has he got?
If not God himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly knows
And not the words of one who blows
The record shows I took the graces
And I did it God's way!!
Adapted from 
My Way
Sung Frank Sinatra
One of my all time favorite songs!!






































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Family

And to Think that I saw it on Glendale Avenue

Why Me?